Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

2003 cadillac deville stability system reset

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 years ago.
There's no reset procedure. If you have a message displayed and lights illuminated, there is a problem that needs correcting. Have you retrieved the trouble codes yet? Maybe I can help you pin down what's wrong.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are no codes. I have an ODB reader and it shows no codes. I got a message that says to service stability system. Is there a way that I can check it and clear the code myself or do I need to take it to the dealer? Also on the display the antilock, parking brake, and traction control lights are on and stay on along with the display reading service stability system.
An OBD code reader will only read engine codes. There are up to 15 other computers on your car that will set codes. However, you can retrieve codes without a scan tool, like this:

Key on, engine off. Press and hold the ON/OFF and INFO UP buttons until all of the displays light up. Then you can release the buttons. In a few seconds, all of the onboard computers will start reporting their codes on the information center. Have paper and pencil handy, and write them all down. Let me know what you get for ABS codes, in particular, and we'll go from there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay! ABS codes -C1214 and C1248

Other codes RIM C0658

PDM U1713

RCC B1009

IPC B1327, U1000, B0419, B0429, B1004, B2556, B2641

This is a pretty simple one. Unfortunately, it's also something you can't fix yourself, and it's expensive. The ABS computer needs to be replaced. Those codes are for the pump motor relay, which is part of the computer. The computer has to be reprogrammed when it gets replaced, too, it won't work without the software, which means you'll need to take it to the dealer for service. This should cost you around $700-$800, in my estimation. Sorry for the bad news, but there's not much doubt about what it needs with those codes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Jerry I appreciate your help. Do you know if I need the dealer to program another keyless remote or is that something that I can do. Thanks again.