Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2003 cadillac cts: crankshaft position sensor..gasket..valve covers

How much should it cost to replace crankshaft position sensor and is there 1 or 2 in the car? Also, how much should it cost to replace gasket valve covers both of them. I want to have an idea since these need to be fixed on my car! 2003 cadillac cts sports/luxury version.
Welcome. THE sensors are about 100 each and about 100 to change them so about 300, and the valve cover gaskets are likely about 30-50 each an a few hours to do these. I suspect all these would run you about 600-700 at a guess.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How many cranksalf position sensors are there in the cadillac?

There are 2 and they are one above the other. THey are also VERY COMMON for causing issues.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yep im having the SAME ISSUE now. haha. so if one goes out is it likely the other is going as well? do both usually need replacing. I just want to have an idea of whats going on so i dont get ripped off :(

thanks Nicole.

Anyone who does not replace them as a pair is not doing the job correctly then. Like salt and pepper, they go together.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, well my mechanic just called back and said its not the valve cover gaskets, all i need to replace is the crankshalf sensors all will do the work for $220, earlier he said there was oil leaking, can the crankshalf sensors cause an oil leak?
The crank sensors do go into the oil and they can leak. 220 is a good price provided those are true GM sensors and not aftermarket.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He said they were from the dealer, but you never know. Thank you for your response! i appreciate it.