Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 cadillac deville leaking antifreeze cant seem to find

2002 cadillac deville leaking antifreeze cant seem to find wher its coming from?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
It is leaking onto the ground or you keep having to add it but cant see a leak? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yea its this morning its said it needed coolent so i put some got done the road and it started overheating and it was leaking everywher.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Ok, it sounds like your vehicle is overheating causing the coolant in the overflow tank to leak out. At this point I would start out by replacing the thermostat to make sure its not stuck closed and if that doesnt help you will need to verify the waterpump impeller is not broken off the shaft and make sure the belt the turns the water pump is in tact. If everything looks good up to this point you will want to have a pressure test dont to the cooling system and have coolant checked for exhaust gases......if there is exhaust gas in coolant or if it doesnt hold pressure then your headgasket is bad. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you dan , you been very helpful.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
I'm happy I was able to help. Let me know if you need anythign else, thanks.