Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

i just purchased a cadillac deville 2005 the glove box wont

i just purchased a cadillac deville 2005 the glove box wont open but the key will turn how do i open the glove box? I think this is a security feature and there is some proceedure to unlock the glove box and I don't know what that proceedure is.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 years ago.
There's no security feature. The glove box latch is broken. If you look at it from the underside of the latch, you can take a small screwdriver and manipulate the broken latch open. The latch will need to be replaced, they are usually readily in stock at most Cadillac dealers, and it only takes about 20 minutes and a couple of hand tools to replace it. I can provide instructions to do it, if you'd like.