Scott, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM Master technician 15yrs on Cadillac, 25 total, ASE Master Tech automotive

2003 Cadillac CTS: cant turn the phone feature

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS i cant turn the phone feature off in the car and cant go back to the radio how do i fix this?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.
If the radio stays in phone mode after the call ends, the radio needs to be sent in for repair.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would i be able to just get an aftermarket stereo system
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

would i just be able to get a aftermarkert stereo system

Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.
IF you do, you need to have it installed by a competent installation facility. The reason I say this is that it takes a special module to connect your onstar and rest of the car to the radio. Some aftermarket radios will nto work with onstar and render it inoperable. If the radio isnt installed right it can cuase starting problems and other concerns. I reccommend repairing the orignal, its the safest route to avoiding other problems.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

would you recommend anywhere to install a radio if i do get an aftermarket radio...Bestbuy, curcit city ect...?

Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

either one of those places will work if the have a car audio installation dept. You could also check with your local dealers to see who they use when they have aftermarket radios installed. At the shop I work at, we have a company that comes pick the car up, does the install and returns the car. They know what they are doing and are very dependable. THey also service what they sell if there is a problem. They aer in Tulsa though.