Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham: the ECM..throttle..accelerating

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 350 TBI only has one injector spraying fuel. I replaced the ECM a few weeks ago because it stop reading throttle respond and spray when accelerating. Now it started spraying fuel on one fuel injector. Swap fuel injectors, same side only sprays. Swap connectors and it switch to the other side spraying fuel. Replaced the fuel pressure regulator. My guess is the ECM.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

That is almost always the ECM, but you will want to make sure that the wiring is okay to the failled injector connector.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Connector is good. After replacing the ECM, the car ran fine then slowly the acceleration got worse. I was on the freeway and tried to accelerate pass a car and it would go then the car got slower and slower than cut off as I was exiting the freeway.
Then it is the ECM