Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2001 eldorado: a/c turned off and displayed low refrig

i have a 2001 eldorado and the a/c turned off and displayed low refrig. i want to add refrig. but need to have a/c on. can you tell how to get in to and reset tbl code so it will turn on to take refrig?
You can jump power to the dark green wire going to the compressor and that will force it on. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I can not get to the air compressor to try to feed temp. power to it. I don,t have a lift. I was under the understanding that there is a proceedure to get into the chassis computor to reset the a/c segment and then add my 134a. I read that on one of the other pages for a deville, but eldorados have a different dash panel than a deville. Plus wouldn't that have to be reset to clear the code to return to normal operation?

If you access the air compressor relay you can jump the two large terminals together and that will activate it also. Here are instructions to reset the code but it may come back before you can install refrigerant. Let me know if you have questions. Using on-board diagnostics, press off and warmer buttons at the same time to get in, then see if any trouble codes are stored in the system.Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have a warmer button, my temp control is a knob to change temp. and pushing on it turns auto off or on. I am not sure where the relay is located.

It is under the hood, here is a picture. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Didn't help thanks for you time
Sorry, it should have worked.