Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

where is the tcc ( traction control module ) located one a

where is the tcc ( traction control module ) located one a 2000 deville dts? (2)my info bar reads - low collant level- ? I know it is full because I filled it and the temp reads right on gauge, is there a sensor?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

The coolant level sensor is in the right rear of the engine compartment, in the surge tank and that is what would cause the low coolant light to come on. Here are instructions to replace the module and a picture location, let me know if you have questions. Thanks

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan, I need to find the (tcc module). I have already ordered it and saw a picture of it. It is about 1.5 inchs x 1.5 inches. It has a square metal cover and a round plastic piece with an o ring on it. It looks like it plugs into the transmission or possibly a trans line. It has a coupler with( i think ) 2 wires that hook up on the metal end. It looks like It plugs in from the outside of the trany. The discription and diagram you sent do not show any info on this part. It cost $35.00. I would also like to change valve cover gaskets if you have info and diagram on this. Thanks, Mike
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like the part you bought it the torque converter clutch solenoid which is unrelated to the problem you have, here is a picture. Here are instructions for the valve cover gaskets, its about a 4 hour job shop rate. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan, I have the troubleshooting code, it was PO741 Explanation was TCC stuck off. The list of possibles reads Tcc commanded on and the ECM detected the TCC Slip speed higher than limits-- Probable Cause, TCC Solenoid Failure --open or short circuit condition--Blocked Passage in transmission--check trans range switch for proper operation. So I ordered the TCC Solenoid. I did not see the TCC solenoid on the diagrams. Do you have diagram- procedure for changing the TCC solenoid? What would you do to remedy this? The car runs and shifts normal. The fluid is clean and there was very little aluminum in the pan when I changed filter. What do you usually do for this?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
If you look in the first picture in the last post I sent it shows the torque converter clutch solenoid valve, it is about a 8 hour job shop rate to replace. I do not have a diagram or the procedure but you need to remove hte drivers side wheel, axle, transmission mounts, and lower the transmission a bit to remove the side cover it is a pretty extensive job. I would personally get a transmission flush to see f you can get anything that is possibly clogging the solenoid/valve removed otherwise I"d probably just leave it alone if everything seems to be working fine but if its something you want to do then replacing the solenoid/valve is the first step. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.