car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years as shop owner and master tech
1511099

WHERE IS THE FUEL PUMP RELAY IN A 1997 CADILLAC CATERA

Customer Question

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
let me get that for you
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
here is a chart of the locatin you asked forgraphic
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 25 years as shop owner and master tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The real problem is that the motor spins but does not turnover. The fuel pump fuse was loose and now the fuel pump is running and I now have fuel pressure. What is the next step, I have not checked the relays yet
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
if the pump is running and you have pressure it has nothing to do with the relay i would recomend checking for voltage at the fuel injectors
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not gettin any spark to spark plug
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
let me look up the ignition on this one
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
have you checked it for codes yet also the tube from the mass air flow sensor if its damaged it will cause a no start make sure its on and tight and no cracks and the sensor is pluged in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is the mass air flow sensor?
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
it is in front of the engine by the radiator i will post a picture for you
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mass air flow sensor looks ok, not kinked
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
ok have you checked it for codes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PO743 AND P1870 I READ THESE A YEAR AGO, DON;T KNOW HOW VALID THEY ARE, WHAT DO THEY MEAN
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
po743 is for the tourqe converter clutch solinoid not the current issue and 1870 is transmission control module again not the current issue can you get a code reader and scan for current codes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GETTING SPARK NOW, IT STARTS AND SHUTS OFF-STARTS AND SHUTS OFF, ECT. WILL NOT STAY RUNNING
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HAVE GAS PRESSURE, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP RUNNING, COULD THAT BE THE FUEL FILTER NEEDS TO BE CHANGED
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
it may be shutting the fuel off with the security system after it starts i would recomend a fuel pressure test to see how much pressure it has when you turn the key on and a new scan for codes this will help us determine the problem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE SECURITY IS ON WHEN I AM TRYING TO START THE CAR, IS THERE A WAY TO DISARM THE SYSTEM?
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
this will take me some time to get that info this car is a little harder togather info on so i will have to get back to you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I AM GOING TO TAKE A NAP FOR A WHILE TALK TO YA SOON
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any news on the security
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
i just got back in im working on it
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
the software says you have to have a tech2 gm scanner to access this