car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years as shop owner and master tech
1511099

why my 96 cadillac deville reads stop engine oil pressure is

Customer Question

why my 96 cadillac deville reads low oil pressure
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
you may have a internal engine problem that is causing low oil pressure i would recomend a oil pressure test to verify the oil pressure if it is ok then it is most likely a oil pressure sending unit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the oil pressure sending unit and how do i add transmission fluid into my vehicle i cant seem to find the dip stick
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
the oil pressure sender is next to the bottom of the oil dipstick by the rear of the a/c compresor i will try to locate the dipstick for the trans for you
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 25 years as shop owner and master tech
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have a dip stick that says engine oil in front of my driver side light and the other dip stick is not located and i need to add transmission fluid and also why do you think my exhaust is smoking blue
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
if your exhaust is smoking blue then the car is burning oil the trans dipstick will be on the rear of the engine near the firewall it is hard to see so you will need to look hard
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what can cause it to burn oil
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
over full bad rings a bad pcv valve or just excess engine wear
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do oil dip stick reads normal but the car dash reads 0.00 oil life what that mean
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
well the oil life on teh dash tells you when you need a oil change and at 0 it is due for a change
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does that mean the car isnt recieving the oil or is it to much to whre its clogged up
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
no that just tells you that the oil is due to be change it means nothing more than the car is due for a oil change
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will it stop smoking if the oil is changed and why wont my trunk open from the dash button is there another way to open it wihout the key
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.

first i will say i dont no if the smoke will stop if you change the oil it may help but it depends on the condition of the overall mechanics of the engine

as for the trunk i can say the only way to get into it with out a key if the power dont work is thru the rear seat and unbolt the latch and this will require you to remove the rear seat

and 3rd not to complain but we are not supposed to answer several questions that where not in the original post and the agreed price

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i didnt know i am a new cutomer but thanxs for the info and if u dont mind could u answer why after i drive the car for about ten minutes the dash reads stop engine oil pressure low
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
sure as i said it may be because the oil is wore out and needs changed or the sending unit is going bad or you have a internal engine problem that is causing it to loose pressure if you are satisfied with my answers would you please click accept and leave positive feedback
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how much r the oil pressure units
Expert:  car tech replied 5 years ago.
15 to 20 bucks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i have to remove anything to get to this part