FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I just replaced the battery in my 2006 Cadillac CTS and now

Customer Question

I just replaced the battery in my 2006 Cadillac CTS and now the car won't start. Always ran fine, lights, radio and everything works, starter works, the engine just won't turn over. Thoughts?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer is the security light on when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not notice that it was on, I was looking for any special icons to be lit when I was having trouble.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay, because a lot of the time after replacing the battery the security system will malfunction. Can you double check to see if the security/antitheft light is on while cranking the engine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not near the car at this moment, but can try that again in the next few hours. I am pretty confident that the security light wasn't on, but it never hurts to check again. I will keep you posted on that! Thank you
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay. If the light is on then follow the procedure below to reset the security system.

Turn the key to the run position without cranking the engine and leave it there for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the key off and back on for 10 more. Repeat this one more time. After the third time try restarting the vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried the method above but didn't have any luck. No lights are on that shouldn't be when I try to start the car up. I tried giving it a jump and that didn't work either. It cranks but just can't start.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay. Do you hear a buzzing from the fuel pump when the key is turned to the on position? Is there any attempt for the vehicle to start, like if you press the pedal to the floor?