rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

catera: My 2000..tcm(traction control module..warranty..fluid level

My 2000 cadi catera has code u2108 when scanned, is this a sensor for the tcm(traction control module)   if so where are they located.and would they be considered a powertrain problem covered under a powertrain warranty? also howdo I check the tranny fluid level? they is no dip stick.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

That code is for a communication problem between NODES and must be tested with a scan tool by PINING all the nodes, and a lab scope to identify the signals. The NODES are all located in various parts of the car. it may or may not be covered under a warranty. There is no way for you to check tranny fluid level on that.

Thanks for your question and positive feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess your answer was the best you could do,however i don't feel that it was very helpful to the situation. I guess i must go to the dealer
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

The answer I gave you was 100% correct, and this is not a DIY job. It's unfair though that the expert gets held liable because the customer didn't like the answer.

Thanks for your SUPPORT and positive feedback,