FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2005 cadillac srx: i put my foot..it makes a rattling noise..louder

when i put my foot on the gas of my 2005 cadillac srx it makes a rattling noise that get louder the harder i press. what could this be. it just started mayble two hours ago when i came back into my car from out of a store.
HelloCustomer is the check engine light on? Is the vehicle all wheel drive?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no the check engine light isnt on and its not all wheel drive.
Okay. THe most common cause of this type of noise is the exhaust system. I have seen a lot of heat shields and exhaust brackets come loose and cause this type of noise. You need to get under the vehicle to check for loose exhaust components.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
because i am a woman and dont know what i am doing, i will take my car to the dealership and if they say that my exhaust components are loose then i will accept your answer.
Hopefully that is all that it is. Does the noise appear to be coming from under the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, i took my truck to cadillac and it was the catalytic converter, so you were right, it did have something to do with the exhaust.
That is typical of this vehicle. I that they did not charge you too much to replace it. If I can help you any further please let me know.