David H
David H, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified
19861837

CADILLAC DEVILLE DHS: REPLACE BRAKE LIGHT..LIGHT BULBS..TAIL LIGHT

Customer Question

NEED TO REPLACE BRAKE LIGHT BULBS (3157 LL) ON MY CADILLAC DEVILLE DHS YR 2000. AFTER I REMOVED TAIL LIGHT, I DONOT NO WHERE TO PLACE THE BULBS, NEED HELP.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  David H replied 7 years ago.
Push the tab on the plastic socket in the back of the lamp assembly and turn counterclockwise 1/4 turn.then pull the bulb staight out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I TOOK OFF THE REAR TAIL LIGHT, WHERE IS THE "TAB ON THE socket in the back of the lamp assembly, YOU REFERING TOO.
Expert:  David H replied 7 years ago.
I researched service info,the 2000 DHS uses light emitting diodes(LED)instead of regular bulbs for the stop lamps.the lamp assembly is serviced as an assembly.   sorry for the confusion.I have yet to have a problem with LED taillamp assemblies unless they are cracked.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
light emitting diodes(LED)instead of regular bulbs, GEE. No the tail light are NOT cracked. The brake ligh does NOT work. I purchased bulbs that I now learn from you that do NOT apply. What do I need now?
Expert:  David H replied 7 years ago.
You need to be sure that the lamps are the problem.are all brake lamps not working,this includes the high mount stop lamp as well as right and left stop lamps.