scott
scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Caddy man from way back. Interface with on board system as well as scanner.

In have a 1994 cadillac deville, AC blower will not come on

Customer Question

In have a 1994 cadillac deville, AC blower will not come on but the motor is good what can be the problem
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

hi,

9 times out 0f 10 the problem will be the blower module. it is located near the blower and the wires that plug into the blower come from it. there is 2 bolts that hold it in. just follow the wires from the blower and it will take you to it.

hope this helps, let me know if i can further assist you.

thanks,

john c.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cant find the blower module,can you give a better description,i only have 4 inchs of lead wire from the blower,the rest is wraped in the harness
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

hi,

there should be a small boxish plate with a wire connector pluged into it right close to the blower. and it has 2 screws holding it in.

thanks,

john c.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is the plate mounted to the firewall or on the engine
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

i will try to post a picture. wish me luck. lol

its mounted about in the center of the fire wall under the hood. or it could be to the passanger side under the hood as well..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i cant find it
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

is there a bunch of relays in a black plastic cover in the genter of the fire wall under the hood?

john c.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not on the firewall
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

where is your blower motor?

john c.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on the firewall
Expert:  john c replied 5 years ago.

ok. done some research on your specific year model. and it seems they did not use a blower control module on this year for some reason. yours is controled by a ac/heat programer.

its located under the dash on the right side.

i have had no dealings with this set up. so i will opt out so someone else can chime in if posable.

thanks,

john c.

Expert:  scott replied 5 years ago.

I need you to acquire a digital multi meter or a LED type circuit tester {LED will turn red for power and green for ground.}

I will assume that you applied power and ground to the blower fan to verify it was good and checked for any A/C codes, if so, proceed.

You will need to turn the ignition on and the blower on. Check for ground at the blower motor black wire, check for power at the red wire and a voltage increase or decrease at the gray/black wire as you regulate the fan speeds.

If you have no power on red, 40amp maxi fuse in engine compt.

If you have no ground on black, repair it.

If you have no signal on the gray/black, verify that you have continuity on the circuit from the blower to the controller pin #D1. If so, check fuse B1 in trunk 10 amp and fuse D5 in engine compt. 10 amp.

If all those check out, replace the controller.

Scott.