john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

Im replacing the spark plugs today on my 2007 Cadillac CTS,

I'm replacing the spark plugs today on my 2007 Cadillac CTS, V6 , 3.6 L. Wher can I get some brief instructions on the steps for this??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 5 years ago.

here ya go

Service and Repair
Notes

Spark Plug Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Turn the ignition OFF.
  2. Remove the ignition coil. Caution: Refer to Safety Glasses and Compressed Air Caution. Notice: Clean the spark plug recess area before removing the spark plug. Failure to do so could result in engine damage because of dirt or foreign material entering the cylinder head, or by the contamination of the cylinder head threads. The contaminated threads may prevent the proper seating of the new plug. Use a thread chaser to clean the threads of any contamination.
  3. Use compressed air in order to remove debris from the spark plug cavity. Notice: Allow the engine to cool before removing the spark plugs. Attempting to remove the spark plugs from a hot engine may cause the plug threads to seize, causing damage to cylinder head threads.
  4. Remove the spark plug.

Installation Procedure

Notice: Use only the spark plugs specified for use in the vehicle. Do not install spark plugs that are either hotter or colder than those specified for the vehicle. Installing spark plugs of another type can severely damage the engine.

Notice: Check the gap of all new and reconditioned spark plugs before installation. The pre-set gaps may have changed during handling. Use a round feeler gage to ensure an accurate check. Installing the spark plugs with the wrong gap can cause poor engine performance and may even damage the engine.

1. Ensure that the spark plug gap is equivalent to the spark plug gap specification. Refer to Ignition System Specifications. Notice: Be sure that the spark plug threads smoothly into the cylinder head and the spark plug is fully seated. Use a thread chaser, if necessary, to clean threads in the cylinder head. Cross-threading or failing to fully seat the spark plug can cause overheating of the plug, exhaust blow-by, or thread damage. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
  2. Install the spark plug. Tighten the spark plug to 20 N.m (15 lb ft).
  3. Install the ignition coil.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any steps on removing other components to get to the plugs??
Ignition Coil Replacement - Bank 1
Notes

Ignition Coil Replacement - Bank 1

Removal Procedure

1. Turn the ignition OFF.
  2. Remove the engine cover. Important: Do NOT disconnect the fuel pipes and/or hoses.
  3. If you are replacing the ignition coil for cylinder 1 or 3, remove and reposition the intake manifold. Perform the following steps:
  1. Disconnect the air cleaner duct from the throttle body.
  2. Disconnect the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) hose from the right bank camshaft cover. Important: Do NOT separate the upper intake manifold from the lower intake manifold.
  3. Remove the intake manifold bolts.

1. Remove the intake manifold brace bolts (1 and 2) and the brace.
  2. Remove and reposition the upper intake manifold with the lower intake manifold in order to gain sufficient clearance for ignition coil removal.

1. Remove the ignition coil electrical connector(s).

1. Remove the ignition coil bolt(s).
  2. Remove the ignition coil(s).

Installation Procedure

1. Install the ignition coil(s). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
  2. Install the ignition coil bolt(s). Tighten the ignition coil bolt(s) to 10 N.m (89 lb in).

1. Install the ignition coil electrical connector(s).
  2. If necessary, install the intake manifold.
  3. Install the engine cover.
Ignition Coil Replacement - Bank 2
Notes

Ignition Coil Replacement - Bank 2

Removal Procedure

1. Turn the ignition OFF.
  3. If you are replacing the ignition coil for cylinder 2, remove and reposition the intake manifold. Perform the following steps:
  3. Remove the intake manifold bolts.

1. Remove the ignition coil bolt(s).
  2. Remove the ignition coil(s).

Installation Procedure

2. If necessary, install the upper intake manifold.

john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: 15 years as a auto tech