Carfix4you
Carfix4you, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 yrs ASE Re-certified Dealer and Independent Experience World Class High Performance Expert
14923590

1983 cadillac: v8..fuel injection..highway and press..car moves good

I have a 1983 cadillac sedan deville Model 6cd69with a HT 4100 v8 digital fuel injection. It is 4 door sedan.
When I drive on the highway and press on the gas the car moves good. But when I come into the city and drive and have to stop and start because of slow traffice or the stop lights, the car feels as if it will stall when I put my foot on the brake and then onto the gas to move forward.
Would it be the fuel pump or the brake system interfering with the starting and stoping of the car in slow traffic.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Carfix4you replied 7 years ago.
Hello , and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to answer your question fully, and the more detailed information about the problem that you can provide, the faster I can answer. Any time you have any questions, need service information, or any diagrams, please ask. I'll do my best to answer your question, yet I don't get paid until you accept. Anytime you would like another opinion, let me know. HERE is the service bulletin to address idle concerns in .pdf format.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHERE CAN I FIND A MECHANIC WHO WILL KNOW HOW TO FIX THE CAR. I LIVE IN TORONTO CANADA
I'm in California. I have no canadian resources. Sorry.