FIXITMAN, Master Technician

how do you jump start the car ac compressor when the system

how do you jump start the car ac compressor when the system says "refrigerate very Low! A/C Compressor Off"?
HelloCustomer what kind of vehicle is this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville
Okay. If the system is reading this then you need to have ths system recharged. Even if you try jumping the sensors the system will not work properly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Recaharging the system is what I was trying to do. Are you saying I have to take it to a professional service center to have it recharged? Because I already added 9-10 ozs of R134a, and the compressor still won't start.
Okay. With your recharge kit still installed jump the connector on the low pressure switch to see if the compressor will come on. You can use a paper clip to do this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This did not work, but as I mention earlier I had jumped the high and low side connectors (but not with the kit (recharge can connected to low side) connected). Do you think this may have somehow messed things up, or do you think I just need a more advanced recharge system to get things going??
No, I this would not have messed anything up. Your vehicle still may need a better charge or is may have an electrical issue. If it does not turn on when you jump both connectors then I would have the charge checked by an a/c shop.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you saying that jumping the connector wouldn't work if there was not enough refrigerant in the system?
THe vehicle uses the pressure sensors to detect refrigerant in the system. If you already added refrigerant then you need to try reseting the a/c system. This system will sometimes lock you out until the system is cleared of codes. See if you can do this with the procedure below.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I didn't accept your answer back when! You did a provided a good amount of info, and I guess this one probably called for a face to face with a machanic. Thanks!!
No problem. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.