Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs

I have a 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS - the front AC blower fan

I have a 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS - the front AC blower fan is not running. It sat for 3 weeks without being run then the problem showed up. The rear fan works. The front fan does not work on auto, low or high.
I would appreciate your thoughts.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.

Hello, below is a diagram of the system. The fuse would be a large 50 amp fuse looks like marked "invert". If this is good, you shoudl be sure you have 12v on the red wire going into blower. If so, you have a bad programmer or blower control module which is part of blower. They have been known to fail. ( blower module) The programmer does not fail at the same rate of the blower modules. Location of blower also noted below. You know, it could be stuck so I would set blower controls to high and rap on blower motor pretty good. It may start working

Center Rear Of Engine Compartment

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have power at the red wire to the blower motor
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I determine what needs to be replaced? Is this something that I should go to a dealer for service. I could replace the blower fan myself but am not sure how to find the module you mentioned
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.
There is no way to determine without a scan of the system/. The most common problem is the blower control which is part of th blower itself. The AC programmer is located behind dash and rather expensive to replace. My guess? from experience is the blower/ module assy is bad. Be sure you tap on the blower a few times in case it is stuck. The blower is a bit tight to get to but only held in by 4-5 screws. Otherwise, a system computer scan needs to be done