Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.

1998 Deville: The low refrigerant ac off message came..recharged

I have a 1998 Deville Concours. The low refrigerant ac off message came up on the ECC. Took the car to my mechanic, he recharged the system but couldn't figure out how to clear the message. Can I clear it myself?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Does the AC work at all?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. When I set the climate control to auto, the low refrig ac off message comes up, and then the ac off shows up on the climate control. My mechanic did put power directly to the compressor to make sure it was working. I think it's just a matter of figuring out how to clear any codes/messages. He used a snap on diagnostic reader to check and see if there were any codes and he couldn't find any.
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.

-Did he try clearing the codes anyway?

-Do you want the manual procedure to reset the AC unit?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He said that there were no codes to clear. Is the manual procedure something I can do? If it is then, yes tell me what the manual procedure is.
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.

Ok, see the chart below. Clear the codes out of the PCM and HVAC and you should have the message disappear.