John, ASE Certified Technician

99 Cadillac Deville: The vent temperature ranges cold A/C..tested

I have a 99 Cadillac Deville with an A/C problem. The vent temperature ranges cold A/C to blended A/C-heat. The A/C has been tested. The two actuators (Passenger blend and driver blend) move when the air temp changes. Both actuators have been replaced (codes 1340 and 131) with no improvement. Both were synchronized and the rod length adjusted. The outside air temp on the digital dash appears correct. The programmer appears to respond correctly when given extreme temp settings. Is it time to replace the temperature sensors and the sun load sensor?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jr Magician,

You could have problems with the temperature sensor & sunload sensor ,but you should have a B1316 & B1319 code.I believe your problem is a circuit from the air mix motors to the controller or the controller.Ohm out the individual circuits ,if of replace the controller.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I assume by controller you mean the heater and A/C programmer (per the manual)?

Is it likely that the programmer works (controls the fan, responds to different temperature settings, etc.) and still be bad? Obviously I'm trying not to spend $500 if I don't need to.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Yes the programmer has several functions & any part or individual circuit can fail,that is why I suggest you ohm the circuits from the mix motors to the programmer first.