George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

where is the resistor located for the blower motor on a 1999 cadillac deville

Customer Question

my dads blower went out on his and he bought a new motor and checked it out before installing & it work fine but after installation not working. he believes he may blew a resistor. please help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Yes it is likely that the resistor has failed

The blower motor power module is mounted next to the blower motor on the HVAC box in the air stream.

It looks like this

My information system server is down at this time. I will post a location diagram when it comes up

Let me know if I can help with anything else

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This helps a little be he well need to know the location. Hopefully with schematic you send out this will help him find the location.

Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

I will get it posted as soon as the server comes up.

Thank you

Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry the information I posted before is incorrect. The blower resistor is for the rear blower motor mounted in the console.

The power module for your front blower is contained in the rear of the housing and should have come with the new blower motor.

Check for power to the blower between the red and black wires. If you have power there the grey control wire should have a changing voltage as the blower control is changed. If you have power and ground and do not have a varying voltage to the blower the HVAC programmer is likely the fault. You can check for trouble codes by following this procedure. Pay attention to the "CCC" codes and I will help you decipher them

Once again I am sorry for the confusion while my information was down