LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.
15277592

In a Civil Court Case can a Judge make a ruling in favor of

Customer Question

In a Civil Court Case can a Judge make a ruling in favor of a person that was not a party in the case that’s before him?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

Yes, it is certainly possible for a judge in a civil case to enter a ruling that is in favor of a person, or even an entity, that is not a party to the action----such as a third party beneficiary to a contract. As a rule though money judgments are typically limited to parties who are named parties in the action.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what happen when the LLC does not exists.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug