Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can I get a letter from a lawyer stating that a tax sale in

Customer Question

Can I get a letter from a lawyer stating that a tax sale in California wipe off most all other secured claims including trust deeds, judgments and HOA liens.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can get such a letter, but the attorneys on this site are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site, so if you need a letter sent to someone or to use locally, you need to hire an attorney locally to do that for you. Actually, the letter you are seeking comes from the tax assessor. In fact, here it is in writing from the San Diego Tax Assessor that such liens are extinguished by the tax sale and you can get the same notice from your own tax assessor conducting the sale. See: http://www.sdtreastax.com/docs/important-information-for-bidders.pdf