socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker
10097515

My bank ( OF A) started foreclosure on my home but NEVER

Customer Question

Hello, my bank (B OF A) started foreclosure on my home but NEVER finalized. NO Trustee Deed Upon sale was recorded. The process stopped at "Notice of trustee sale", but then it was sold to another company (BSI Financial) and the foreclosure didn't follow through. I filed Deed in Lieu and the home sold via short sale. My credit report is showing foreclosure even though the foreclosure was never finalized.My credit report show Deed in Lieu? Not foreclosure? It says deed in lieu in the remarks from BSI and "Foreclosure in process" by B O A. Please advise and help! Many thanks-Carolyn Arndt
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 months ago.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), and the California and National Associations of Realtors.

You can file a dispute with each credit reporting agency; explain what happened, exactly as you are doing here, except with applicable event dates; provide a copy of the deed in lieu of foreclosure and the deed from the short sale. The credit reporting agency should adjust your credit report to reflect what actually occurred in the transaction. If they don't, you can sue them in U.S. District Court.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can send you a premium services offer, so as to provide my contact information, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!