Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My friend received a proposed contract from a company called

Customer Question

My friend received a proposed contract from a company called Southern Californias renewable Partners, LLC, a Calif limited liability company. proposing to lease 5 acres in KERN County, ca for WIND FARM LAND LEASE . Hes not familiar with this and nor am I. It looks legit but still he doesnt know what to do or what questions to aask. The bot***** *****ne is that he just wants to k now how much he would be getting and how often. It states in the proposed lease amounts per megawatt of turbine blahh blahh blahh which is totally foreign to both of us. I can attach the lease they sent him if this could help you understand what hes asking help with.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please just attach the payment page, because long documents tend to lock up our system. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ive attached a couple pages that had actual dollar amounts. i am curious to see how often a payment would be made., monthly? bi-yearly? daily? lol
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The payments of rent are made annually, in February. The royalty payment of 4% would be paid annually March 1. The lease payment is $2500 per megawatt turbine nameplate (for each turbine).