CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.

We have been dragged into a lawsuit. Our commercial property

Customer Question

We have been dragged into a lawsuit. Our commercial property is adjacent to a property which has TCE contaminatiom. Experts did not find a source of TCE contamination on our property. However, we were named in a lawsuit from another landowner who was contaminated by our neighbor. We have never leased to a tenant who contaminated our site and there is no contamination on our site. We have already spent over $100K on attorney fees, and are now being told that we will need to pay another $100K in court to defend ourselves at trial? Isn't there a better way to escape this?!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I truly wish that I had a more appealing answer for you than this, but "no" there really isn't.

Unless you have some insurance policy that covers this liability (which I assume your attorney has already looked into), or some counter claim that would allow you reimbursement (which again, I am sure that your attorney has already looked into and possibly identified), the only way out of this is to continue fighting.

The price range you are referring to ($200,000.00) is about right - it is not unusual for these matters to cost far more in expert dependent cases such as this.

I am very, very sorry.