LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can a title company request a spouse to sign a interspousal

Customer Question

can a title company request a spouse to sign a interspousal transfer deed
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me why this needs to be signed and what the situation is?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think my wife divorced me through dissolution without me knowing what I was signing

A title company handles the transfer of property. They can not force you to sign anything but if there were divorce proceedings and it was ordered that one of the parties gets the home or there is an issue with the home and title, it can be requested to properly transfer it. An "inter spousal transfer deed" transfers title (ownership) between a married couple. As such, if you were divorced and your wife got the home awarded to her and you signed it over, this is what would be required.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.