LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.

I am a USA citizen returning to the USA, but will need to go

Customer Question

I am a USA citizen returning to the USA, but will need to go through an insured mortgage foreclosure with Genworth Canada. I want to know if Genworth Canada has a policy to pursue all creditor judgements in the USA?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No lender has a policy that they pursue all creditor judgments, or even that they seek a judgment against all borrowers who default, resulting in a deficiency judgment.

It is decidedly more complicated and expensive for a Canadian Company with a Canada Judgment to execute on that judgment in the US---and for that reason, often times the debts are not vigorously pursued.

Your chances of avoiding the debt are certainly much greater if you are in the US, as opposed to you remaining in Canada.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I sense that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,