LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.

I am potential buyer, single mobile home has been sitting on

Customer Question

I am potential buyer, single mobile home has been sitting on the same owner lot since 1979,
Per owner, she wants to move out of Riverside and said " no permanent foundation, "
But she showed me MOC.
when open escrow, no title because of no permanent foundation.
What do I have to ask for transfer of legal ownership . Is bill of sale?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Owner posted property for sale, mobile home and lot in one item.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In CA there are two types of titles for mobile homes. Mobile homes that have a permanent foundation are transferred by traditional real property deed.

Those mobile homes, such as the one you are looking at are transferred by title, just like cars and motor homes are in CA. They are titled through the California Department of Housing and Community Development. Here is a link to their site:

Your seller will need to provide you with a paper title similar to a car title on the sale of the mobile home to you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?