LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.

My sister and I do not get along she's trying to evict

Customer Question

My sister and I do not get along she's trying to evict me from my mother's house. She hides behind my mother's identity from the documents it would appear as though my mother was evicting me. I talked to my mother and she said that her hands were tied. I know that she only signed documents because she depends on my sister to take care of her and she does not want to upset her. I'm getting more and more upset especially with my sister's attorney bad-mouthing me and slandering me in Court he is a scumbag.. He filed a motion for summary judgment basically a paper trial I don't get any Discovery I don't get to call anybody to testify it's a bunch of garbage. He says I don't have any defense but I do the plaintiff accepted rent after the 30-day notice to quit expired. Is this a solid defense or will the judge surprise me by pulling something out of his hat like he's done before and just negate it with legal bs. I'm so pissed right now becoming very cynical about the legal system.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?