LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.
15277592

My husband and i purchased a home in 2008. my husband sign

Customer Question

my husband and i purchased a home in 2008. my husband sign off 2010 giving sole ownership of home. i listed the home with a broker in 2013. 2014 home did not sell. the broker wanted to lease to own the home. i optionor broker optionee.
a purchase to buy contract by my husband and i. the lease to own contract only signed by me. there was no escrow transaction. optionee was to pay$17,000.00 down payment only paid $10,000 extended contract was optionee to pay $7,000 january 22 2016. in the meantime this deal was a disaster. optionee always behind in payments. i retained an attorney to file suit..optionee served dec 2015 for fraud and breed fiduary relationship. optionee filed chapter 13. BK allowing me the go forward with my lawsuit. lease contract states optionee can stay in home for 5 years. is lease
null and void if my husband did not sign lease contract?
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I will try my best to get this all straight if you will help me. If I am understanding you correctly, no, the fact that your husband did not sign the lease would not make it null and void. He has no ownership of the property so there is nothing for him to lease or sell anyway. However, why do you say the optionee can stay in home for 5 years? That is not the case if it is a lease.