barristerinky
barristerinky, Other
Experience:  Attorney practicing real estate law for over 15 years
19958803

I have a tenant I need to serve a 30 - day to vacate

Customer Question

Hi, I have a tenant I need to serve a 30 - day to vacate notice. What is the proper way to serve her?
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  barristerinky replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..You can either hand deliver the notice, post it on the front door, or send it certified mail. It is any summons and complaint for an unlawful detainer that has to be formally served on the tenant by the sheriff if they don't move out during the 30 day notice. The 30 day doesn't have to be "served", just delivered..As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years....thanksBarrister