CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.

My case is filed In Pro Per, however, at some point I will

Customer Question

Hello, my case is filed In Pro Per, however, at some point I will need an attorney. You are welcome to review the complaint to see if this is a case you'd like to assist me in it as a fee for service. Possibly "limited representation"? My discovery is being served with the complaint. The judge granted the extension today.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. Unfortunately, we cannot solicit or accept clients on this site (including "limited representation" type arrangements). However, if you are suing for significant funds of money, you should consider retaining a civil litigation attorney (either on an hourly basis or a contingency fee) as a form of investment in your case.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wow, that's too bad. I actually signed up thinking I would find an attorney here for this case! Darn. Thanks anyways. I will have plenty of questions.

You are welcome, we are always happy to answer individual questions (we can provide "general information" and "educational" answers, but we cannot provide formal legal advice or instruction, and cannot represent clients on the forum).

So, if you have specific questions concerning issues in your case, we can be a great resource, but if you want actual representation, you really do need a local attorney (and as I noted above, this should be viewed as an investment - obviously don't spend more on an attorney (either on an hourly agreement, or contingency fee) than you hope to recover, but there is considerable value in hiring a lawyer - in addition to their experience and counsel, you will be able to defer a great deal of the stress and time consuming research and writing to someone else, freeing you to do the other things in your life (such as pursuing your own vocation)).