Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in real estate law.
63724254

I own a residential rental. there is a pipe on the roof

Customer Question

I own a residential rental. there is a pipe on the roof coming from the bathroom. the seal around it has worn off and water has been leaking into the bathroom wall for some time. you can see that water is coming from the pipe in the attic during rains. I have allied insurance, will they cover the damage inside ( i'm not worried about the roof).
Category: CA Real Estate
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a picture if you want .
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

The insurance policy will have certain terms I would report the damage to the carrier as soon as possible as there are timelines when coverage triggers but if you wait that may impact your ability to be covered. Without reviewing the insurance policy and knowing the terms, I am unable to speculate as to whether your are covered but homeowners/landlord's/renters insurance is very broad and the situation may be covered.

I hope that helped. Pleas ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.