CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
71563194

25 September 2015 03:35 not sure this was sent. I just lost

Customer Question

25 September 2015 03:35 not sure this was sent. I just lost an hour of typing on here, due to some freak glitch, so I'll put this in a different way. please excuse punctuation and caps. already have unlawful detainer done and delivered postponed due to
a signed agreement for extra time to leave signed away rights to contest detainer as well as storage of items left, and court would proceed if time came and we weren't gone. court has granted detainer and the paperwork is in sheriffs hands we thought there
was now a visit from sheriff giving us notice of 24-48 hours before final lock out. if this is right, we need time line step by step series of events, to best of your knowledge, if possible, so we aren't kicked out with just time to grab toothbrush and pillow.
We thought there was a notice of the last few days. Thanks.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

There is NO right to a "final notice" from the sheriff. Some departments do give a courtesy notice, but there is no right to such notice.

What happens if you don't leave before the sheriff's eviction is that the sheriff will require you (and any other occupants) to leave, and the landlord will have movers on hand to remove all of your personal belongings and place them on the curb. Once they are on the curb, they are your responsibility (the landlord is not responsible for their safekeeping or storage - so you must make arrangements to pick them up before they are subject to weather, vandalism, or theft!).