Richard Price, Esq
Richard Price, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at The Law Office of Richard Samuel Price
88270820

I was submitting a loan modification with my lender about

Customer Question

i was submitting a loan modification with my lender about couples of years ago when president Obamas extend the term and add some new law and rules to it.After about completting the modification application .I was told to call back every week and see if
you request has been approved or denied ,I called every week and still i was told my file is under reviews,and want me call back every week ,any way after 4 to 5 weeks i was told i dont have to call any more they will send me in writting ones the application
is reviewed, so i didnt call them for about 3 weeks still no sign of any approval or rejections .so one friday i check my mail and see a card from a moving company saying if bank sold your home through the modification time what i could do.i look at that card
and now i need to wait till monday and call them up and fined out the status od my application,any way on monday when i called my lender to get an status of my application fof modification review,the employee of the bank told me my hose was sold last thursday
,i told him i am under review for modification he told me the last document was not recieved by the bank thats why they sold my home, i told them i have sent it long time ago and i was told the application is cmplete ad now is going for review and want me
to call back every week for answer,he told me to wait so he could pull the file and see if i have sent the last peice of documents,and alo i recieved a compelete file and it is under review now,he opend the file and told me yes i am right the documents are
here but your home got sold so he is going to let the higher management know,he put me on hold and told me he has the manager of modification on line to talk to me,mr cambridge he interduce himself and told meto wait for few minutes and he is going to reveiw
my file and get back on the phone with me,i was on hold after few minutes he come back and told me yes i have your last peice of documents here but unfurtunately your home has been sold ,and there s nothing he can do,,i told him how can you tell me you were
reviewing my file for two months and are were lied this file never went to underwriter to look at it and make decision they were all lieing to me.heappolpgized and he said there is nothing he can do,.after few days i got noticed to evict my home,i explain
he case to another department and i was reffer t some attorney to fo follow my case and after few weeks i was told by attornyees i have a good case but i need to give hem lots of money to start a file.u,,,unfurtnnatley i got poisoned a week after my home ot
sold with carbone monoxide and i only have less than 20 percent o my heart is functioning and i dont still have any attorney to follow my case,can you help me,thank you and God bless you.didnt call for
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Richard Price, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry to hear about your circumstances. Even though a loan modification is being processed, the lender can still proceed with foreclosure proceedings. It's your responsibility to keep up with the foreclosure process and you missed the sale date. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but nothing will get your home back. With these large lenders, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They have so many files that they loose paperwork, don't process paperwork, and can't keep up with the workload. You're ultimately going to have to talk to an attorney about your case for wrongful foreclosure. My estimate is that your case would cost between $30,000 and $40,000 in legal fees and take a year or two.

As for the eviction, you can request some funds for relocation assistance and for some time to move. If you receive a summons and complaint in unlawful detainer, remember that you only have five days to respond.

Do you have any additional questions that I can answer? If you are satisfied with my answer, would you please rate my answer in the top right hand side of your window?