CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
71563194

Do I need a legal document drawn up and notarized giving

Customer Question

Do I need a legal document drawn up and notarized giving them a thirty day notice as to when I want them to leave.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Are you a landlord telling your tenant that you are terminating their lease "without cause"?

(Also, just to clarify further, have they lived there less than 12 months, or more than 12 months)?

Expert:  Richard Price, Esq replied 1 year ago.

A 30-Day Notice to Quit is the legal document that terminates a month-to-month tenancy. It does not have to be notorized by the landlord, just signed. Please note that a 30-Day Notice to Quit can only be used if the tenant has been in the premises for less than a year. If the tenant has been there over a year, then you must use a 60-Day Notice to Quit.

The 30-Day Notice to Quit must be properly served on the tenant. Give it to the tenant in person, or to an adult at the premises, or tape it to the door. On the same day, if you don't give it to the tenant in person, then mail a copy of the notice to the tenant.

Dear Customer,

My apologies for the double posting. Our forum is upgrading our system and there have been a few instances of experts inadvertently posting on the same thread.

If you have any further questions please post them and I will promptly follow up.

Best regards,

Bill

William B. Esq.