CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
71563194

What do you do if you can't use a public swimming pool because

Customer Question

What do you do if you can't use a public swimming pool because of a very rich person says he can't share a pool with a ni**er asndf there are seven forty year old who witnessed this and two 13 year olds. He works for a big construction company. If you have questions, please call me at(###) ###-####
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
If this occurred in a public pool, you would have a discrimination claim against the municipality. (Meaning if the pool did not permit you to swim there because this individual didn't want you to be there - if you didn't swim there because this person made you feel uncomfortable, that would potentially be actionable, but less certain).
You say that you have already contacted attorneys, but keep in mind, not all attorneys are the same - you are looking for civil litigation attorneys that practice at least part of the time in civil rights litigation (this is a type of federal court litigation, so this is going to be a smaller subset of attorneys that handle these types of matters).
You can find local attorneys using the State Bar Association directory: , or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).
You can also contact your local NAACP office, http://www.naacp.org/, as well as the US Dept. of Justice, where you can file a discrimination complaint online, here: http://www.justice.gov/crt/complaint/