LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.
15277592

To William Esq ONLYI have a question regarding the Grant

Customer Question

To William B Esq ONLY
I have a question regarding the Grant Deed.
The line of credit lender used the Grant Deed to change ME AS HIS SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY to ME, AN UMARRIED MAN. The Title Company stated they do this all the time and the Lender wants to conform to the documents for the line of credit. I have concern that they are taking out the words…sole and separate property…..or maybe they are not taking those words out. The letter from the assessors yesterday stating I am 100% owner as sole and separate property…which sounds good….but when their computers updates the Grant Deed recorded last week it will now say, ME AN UNMARRIED MAN or maybe ME AND UNMARRIED MAN HIS SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY. Since I did not realize their error since 1994…I want to make sure everything is done correctly now that everyone has a paper trial showing I am 100% owner…
1. Is it normal practice for the Lender to request wording change on title…and
2. Do you think they will add to UNMARRIED MAN…”SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY”…or does it make any difference?
Now I have a letter stating ME AS HIS 100% SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY…but 2 days ago the Assessors records showed ME AND MY MOTHER.
1. Does the Assessors/Recorders office physically take my mother off after they found their error before recording the Grant Deed which in several days their internal computer will post the Grant Deed changing ME, as 100% SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY…or would they post ME, AN UNMARRIED MAN AS SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY?
2. Or since I have the letter from the Office of Assessor stating they recognize their error and ME 100% AS HIS SOLE AND SEPARATE PROPERTY my proof if anything came up in the future.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I want Expert William B Esq ONLY. Thanks