Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I take Adderall and Ritalin I have a prescription got in an

Customer Question

I take Adderall and Ritalin I have a prescription got in an accident with company vehicle the day before Thanksgiving and they didn't have me take a drug test until the following Monday after the holiday 4 days later they said I tested positive for methamphetamine and it was a 5-panel test but I don't do methamphetamine what do I do I was fired
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are going to need to get a confirmatory hair sample test and use that to challenge the test results. In addition to the confirmatory test, you also will need to get your doctor to write a detailed report about Ritalin and Adderall being falsely reported as methamphetamine and that this is a false test result. The doctor's report together with the hair test result would be the only real way to challenge the test to show it was a false positive.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.