Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Albertsons reopened closed stores in Bakersfield Ca on Feb

Customer Question

Albertsons reopened closed stores in Bakersfield Ca on Feb 19,2016.
I was offered a job as floral superviser at the same rate of pay as I made as scan coordinator $20.00 per hour.
They merged with Vons before this reopening.My store director said he got this approved by corp.I went to a vons store and trained for this for one week then started working this position soon after I worked from Feb 19 untill he called me into his office on June 3 and told me I was no longer going to be worI had to do to keep my payking floral that I made too much money and I would now be checking.I am devastated and feel lied too and used.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under CA law, employment is at will and the employer may set rates of pay and promote or transfer or terminate employees for no reason at all or for any reason other than solely based on age/race/sex/disability/national origin and the employee has no recourse. So, if they have taken any action against you based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, then you have a claim to file for discrimination with the Office of Fair Employment and Housing or the EEOC. If one of those reasons was not the only reason that your employer took the action, then legally I am afraid there is nothing you can do about this.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.