Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I was put out of the postal service in 2007. Even though the

Customer Question

I was put out of the postal service in 2007. Even though the reason I could not pass the typing test they were making me take was not in my job description. I was a city-lettercarrier,they had no work for me even outside my job description. Nobody tested or care Tha I was taking 8 oxytocin and 10 percolating just to make it through my 8 hour shift as I was not allowed overtime since I was working outside my job description.
Remember 2007 that is when they made me stay home. In 2008 I found out through a fourth surgery my medial nerve on my right ankle had been damaged by a screw in my thire surgery. Finally the fifth surgery done 09-13. Was the best I was told they could do. I now can no longer wear long pants, a shoe, or shoes thus making me unable to work.
All I want is to be able to work with my disability. The postal service designates me an undesirable and that was in 2007 when they put me out before two surgeries that removed 3 leels of pain.
I just want to work with a living wage. That's what I had until I made a step off a porch the has changed my whole life until now
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any way I can get the postal service take me back as a career employee with my salary, benefits and time off?

Thank you for the information.

Regrettably, based on the information that you have provided on your post here, I do not see any way the Post Office can rehire you. If you are unable to work because of your disability, the Post Office has no legal obligation to rehire you. However, if you think that there are some jobs you can do with your disability, you would need to speak with Union if you belong to a Union and let the Union deal with the Post Office as to reasonable accommodation that would allow you to come back to work on a limited basis. If you do not belong to a Union, then you need to speak with the Post Master about coming back on limited basis.

Goodluck with your case,