Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,

I had a private disability policy as part of my compensation

Customer Question

I had a private disability policy as part of my compensation package at Global imaging systems a Xerox Company. After wirking there for 25 Years I became disabled and the insurance company denied my claim on a technicality. Is this a contract breach law suit or an ARISA Legal matter? Can you recommend an advocate to assist me with this because part of my disability effects my ability to follow through and complete tasks. The US Government has approved and Social
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California. And I am now receiving social security disability.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have worked with Parker Stanbury in LA and an Attorny Marvin (something ) who fBoth Firms sent letters to Aetna on my behalf
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Technicality is that both firms sent the letters to Aetna life insurance and the cover age was being handled by Eatna Disability
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 days ago.
Welcome to JA and thank thank you for your question. Has any attorney contacted the State Department of Insurance to report this issue?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 days ago.
this would be a breach of contract if your employer provided this coverage and you were unable to receive any benefits. Where in California are you located? You have consumer protection complaints as well.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 days ago.
This is a link for the State to investigate the denial of your coverage
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 days ago.

Did the employer provide the benefits they promised? Was the issue with the insurance company not honoring your claim or the employer not providing the promised coverage?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.