How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38564
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an independent contractor working for a Chartered city

Customer Question

i am an independent contractor working for a Chartered city in the san gabriel valley in california. Can I sue for the creation of a hostile work environment
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.


The answer depends on all of the facts and circumstances. If you are embedded with employees throughout the workday, then you may be able to sue for workplace discrimination.

The more you are treated as an employee, the better your case.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer. Otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Related California Employment Law Questions