Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I want to file a complaint of a labor board commissioner's

Customer Question

I want to file a complaint of a labor board commissioner's misconduct.
I had a disgruntle employee that we lay off due to the close of business.
We paid her $3000 a month that she is supposed to work between 10am-3pm at least 5 days a week. After we closed our business she claimed that she actually work 9 hours a day and 7 days. and she filed a claim for lose of wage of $39,000. We had her co workers as witness and showed that she actually one work 2 hours a day between 12 noon-2 pm.
We went to the labor commissioner's meeting, the labor commissioner sat us down and ask if we want to pay. We said we had done nothing wrong and why we should pay.
The labor commissioner actually threaten us said that if we do not pay, we will be up for huge liablilty and huge fine. We said that we do not have $. and she said that you do not money, that is why you should pay the employee the amount now. I said that then we will hire a lawyer to stand for our right. And she yelled at us and said that you said you do not have money, how can you hire a lawyer and hinted that we are better off to pay the employee's claim. After we refused, she kicked us out of her office and she continue to plot with my employee in her office. We were standing outside talking. she came out and yelled at us to get out.
This is terrible misconduct and coerce us into paying distortion of an employee. how can we file a complaint about a labor commissioner's gross misconduct such as this.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint with the Office of the Director, California Department of Industrial Relations (the "Department"). This Office oversees other boards and commissions with the Department.

Click on the link below for the contact information. When you get on the website, scroll down and click on the link for contact information. The site is unresponsive at the moment.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents + Write Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Phone call is at additional cost. If you still want the phone call, let me know so that I can send you the offer. If you accept, I will then contact you.