Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was a state employee for 12 years 1981-1993, nothing wrong

Customer Question

I was a state employee for 12 years 1981-1993, nothing wrong until Ca has budget cut, hiring freeze, then not enough staff from 1989 on, then staff begin to get hurt, a lot, I worked on the most aggressive assaultive unit in the entire hospital, finally after years of injury I am told in 12-13-1993 I must take early retirement because I am hurt too bad. So I did, I got meds, Trigger Point injections in my neck and back since July 2015 and then the IMR said the T.P. injections were found to be medically unnecessary so I filed repeals repeals etc. so now 9-19-2016 a Judge upholds the IMR decision so now I am screwed my Dr. says go to the news media because W.C. are a bunch of greedy bastards and the IMR are only in it for the money, they could care less if I am hurt or not, by the way, my Dr. said he could no longer be my Dr., so now I am without a Dr. So all I want to know now is WHO do I go to now or WHO do I contact?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have to file an appeal in court if the judge upheld the IME report. The doctor was right, these IME are all quacks who will say whatever workers compensation insurers want them to say. But you will need to appeal the judge's decision and will have to go to court and your treating doctor will have to testify and overcome the IME report with their testimony about your condition. The news media will not get involved, you need a local workers compensation attorney to file an appeal in court and take the matter back to court to prove the IME was wrong.