How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had several restrictions at my job. Both of them did

Customer Question

I have had several restrictions at my job. Both of them did not take care of the situation. One was permenent. My doctor made a new one that took worked and removed me but was for only 3 months. Now the clinic and HR are asking so many questions calling doctor and asking what my disabilities are. Please help on what to do
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require reasonable accommodations for your permanent disability, then your doctor must provide the employer a medical report to the employer detailing your disability AND also recommending specific accommodations that would allow you to perform your job function. So, you need to sit with your doctor and craft a set of accommodations that would allow you to perform your work and have them write a report detailing your permanent disability and explaining why the suggested accommodations will work. If the employer still refuses, then you would file a complaint to the EEOC and they have to issue you a right to sue letter so that you could sue under the ADA.

Related California Employment Law Questions