Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
95838073

An email was sent out from the scheduling department at my

Customer Question

An email was sent out from the scheduling department at my place of employment (Disney) in which my personal available vacation and sick time hours were listed for more than 40 non-salaried and salaried employees to see. Only my hours were listed within this email. The email that was sent was actually unnecessary, and even more troubling that my private information was shared. How should I proceed?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy and will be assisting you this evening. Give me just a moment to review your issue. I'll be back shortly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Stacy. I can also provide the email correspondence if you'd like.

Do you have an employee manual? I found this online, but it says WDW. You're at WDL, so I wasn't sure if they were the same. Anyway, Page 47 discusses personnel records. It specifically outlines the people they can share your benefits information with and your personal leave/sick time would be considered benefit information. Have you spoken to your supervisor about this? If you can't get anywhere, it appears your next course of action would be to contact the Company Guideline at(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All of the employee manuals are written in Florida. So, it would say WDW. I did speak with my management team, and unfortunately they have a bit of a laissez faire attitude with this situation.

If you've done your part to make management aware and they've failed to act or address it, then I'd definitely suggest moving up to the next step in the chain, which is filing the complaint with Company Guideline.

I hope this information has been helpful. If so, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to rate me so I can get credit for assisting you this evening. You can still ask followup questions even after providing a rating.