Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need a consultation with employment attorney regarding

Customer Question

Hi, I need a consultation with employment attorney regarding fdic section 19 related question
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: No I have not it is a new job application
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, there is a petty theft infraction on my record and i want to apply for a position in Bank position is in California
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Infraction decision was later dismissed under 1203.4. It has been more than five year since this incidence happened. And this is the only criminal incidence on record
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what I can answer for you in regards ***** *****

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would I be denied offer/Hire because of FDIC section 19. I am trying to make decision whether I should even apply for position. If bank( fdic insured bank) will deny my application, then I will not bother applying for the position.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Did you plead guilty/receive a conviction for the infraction charge?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure, my lawyer did all the work. I know decision was reduced from misdemeanor(Original charge) to infraction(Moving infraction) with fine of 60 Dollars, with no jail time. One year later, my lawyer said we can get case dismissed under pc 1203.4, with any guilty pleas removed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I not fall under FDIC section 19 automatic waiver under de minimus rule. And would this affect hiring decision?
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Has the case been dismissed? Or not?

Did you have some kind of community service?
Do you remember pleading guilty in writing, or, in open Court?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
case was dismissed successfully under pc 1203.4 relief after one year of decision. There was no requirement for community service, and I dont remember pleading guilty in writing. For sure, I did not ever speak in court.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. A P.C. 1203.4 Order is not an expungement. It does not remove the record. What it does is that it provides a supplementary entry in one's criminal history stating the dismissal.
I am going to ASSUME that there was no conviction here. Someone in your situation needs to CLARIFY that with your attorney, or another attorney face to face if you cannot connect with the one that helped you earlier.
If there was no conviction, then, FDIC 19 does not apply as it applies to CONVICTIONS, only, meaning the bank would not have to seek special permission from Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation prior to such a hire.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the You SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.